Friday, July 29, 2016

What's new in my makeup stash


It's evident that I'm no makeup guru. I am not big on cosmetics; what I own fill up just a small black pouch (about A5 size). I've only started using cosmetics when I was 18, and even then I used only lipsticks! The first lipstick (and makeup) I bought was from TOPSHOP, in deep burgundy, though now I have no idea why I chose that colour for my first because it isn't the most versatile shade. My second makeup purchase was also a lipstick in a pinkish-nude shade, from 3CE, There was a pop-up sale in school and I was looking for a nude lipstick so I got one with my friend. That was more suitable for daily wear. 

So I've only used lip makeup all the while till last year end. My eyebrows are pretty full naturally but they looked a little sparse at the corners in pictures, and my best friend had also started using a brow pencil so I followed suit. It's the Fashion Brow Duo Shaper by Maybelline, with powder on one end, and pencil on the other. I just needed to fill in the arch of my brows, and I think this did a pretty alright job. Anyway it's almost finished and I'm looking for one with the spool so that I can brush my unruly brows. I got my eyes on you, Glossier's Boy Brow! 

I also bought a concealer from MAC last Christmas because my hormones went crazy and vent their anger on my poor chin. Then more lipsticks, from Laneige. Love them ombré lipsticks. These smell good and are surprisingly moisturising. I got one in Cashmere Nude which was discontinued, and then I asked my friend to get another one for me from Korea, in Red Blossom. 

In total I had 3 lip balms, 4 lipsticks, 1 lip pencil, 1 brow pencil and 1 concealer. Even if my face is makeup-free for the day I will still make sure to use a lip balm to moisturise my chapped lips. 

And now I add on two more products to the collection!



NARS' Blush in Orgasm, and Urban Decay's Vice lipstick in Bad Blood, which is a little drying for me but expected of for a matte lippie. With the blush, I think my makeup stash is pretty complete. I'm still in the process of finding out what suits my skin tone and features, as well as learning the tips and tricks in makeup application to achieve the best results. Ultimately, I still believe that taking good care of your skin is the most important, and something I've been trying to do is to go to bed earlier at night. With good skin, the base is pretty much set.

For now I'm really satisfied with what I can put on my face. Just missing the Boy Brow, really.


x

No comments:

Post a Comment