Saturday, September 17, 2016

New Romantics


dress: Patvarin via Modparade; hat: Lack of Color

A simple low bun, paired with a flat-brimmed fedora, has become one of my favourite way to tame my mane. Often, I find it difficult to style my hair as the thickness hinders the hair tie from making more rounds to keep the bun or ponytail secure. To lighten the load, I usually opt for light layering at the hair ends, but that also means that the shorter layers will fall out of the bundle to become pesky little flyaways. With this bun, the flyaway fine hairs actually add on to the whole 'effortless' look, and the hat keeps them away from the face. 

This dress was a piece I picked last out of my selects from Modparade, but is fast becoming one of my favourite dresses. The lace-up detailing towards the hem makes a classic shift silhouette so much more interesting to look at and wear... I am glad that my collection of dresses is growing. They are so easy for lazy days, and the possibilities of layering with them are aplenty. 

This dress is part of the curated collection by Modparade, which will feature various labels from different Asian territories, so do drop by their physical store at 68 Haji Lane to get your Thai Designer pieces from now till January 2017!

x

1 comment: